By Lauren Catanese
Life sometimes gets really busy and it’s easy to get caught up in our day to day activities. That’s when we usually forget about ourselves. We keep going and going to get to the end of the day, exhausted and tired with no energy left. We have spent the day going and giving and not getting or receiving enough in return. It’s like if you have your own battery within you all drained and used up. When our personal battery is depleted, we can become moody and lose patience, feeling out of sorts, annoyed, and out of control. It feels like the world is in charge of our time and we have to do all we can to try to keep up.
But when you run out, what can you give? When your battery is used up, you cannot do anything. So it’s important for us to take the time to make sure that doesn’t happen. How do we keep our battery fully charged? Below are some tips:
- Set boundaries. It is hard to say no, even harder when we have made it a habit to please others. Healthy boundaries are essential to making sure your battery stays charged. When asked to do something, follow your heart, and do not act out of obligation or fear. If you really want to say no, simply express your true feelings. When you act from your highest self, it is also the highest good for all.
- Do something you love. Whether it’s a taking a bath, dancing to your favorite music, or spending time on hobbies, it’s a necessity. We tend to think we don’t have time to do the things we love. But it’s the complete opposite. Spending time on activities that make us happy and fill us up is one of the best things we can do.
- Take time to workout or move your body. Our bodies like to move. It is a natural thing and too often we keep our emotions and stresses tensed up inside. So, any kind of movement that we do for our bodies helps us reconnect and release that which no longer serves us.
- Meditation. Coming to a space of grounding and quietness, we become conscious of our feelings and energy. Taking the time to reconnect to our center will revitalize and helps us take guided action steps that align with our destiny. Allow yourself to receive.
- Ask for help. We are not superhumans and we are not made to do it alone. There is no shame in asking for help and allowing others to help and support you. You know how good it feels when you have helped someone in their lives. So give someone else the chance to feel that way and when someone asks to help you, learn to say yes.
- Let nature work its magic. Not only is there so much healing power in nature, but it is also full of energy. And nature loves to give to us and fill us with her good vibes.
- Get some personal space. Have a special place inside or outside your home that is yours alone, a place you can go and enjoy time to yourself. Just relax, let go and be.
When you have a fully charged battery, you have more to give. So enjoy the giving and receiving of life and don’t forget that the most important thing you can do is give back to YOU!