South Walton Economic Development Update
By Lisa Hughley
As a Real Estate Broker and resident of Walton County, I am always seeking information on new and upcoming area projects. If you take a drive throughout South Walton, you will see many new exciting projects underway. Take a look at the following projects approved by Walton County Planning & Zoning; from a much needed community sports complex to an independent senior living facility.
This is a Gulf-Front 14 unit condominium building being erected on 3 lots +/- 1.6 Acres, across from Gulf Place, West of Hwy 393.
Restaurant & Bar
This project consists of a commercial restaurant, bar, and retail store on 0.91 acres with a future land use of Village Mixed Use. The project is located at the NE corner of the CR 30A & CR 393 intersection.
This 30.5 Acre public sports complex will be located on 35.2 Acres and will include a tennis complex, a multi-purpose field complex, ball fields and more. This project is located 1400 LF North of Hwy 98, Approx 3.5 miles east of Hwy. 395 at M.C. Davis Blvd.
West Hewitt Independent Senior Living
A 130 unit independent senior living facility and associated infrastructure. Located On the west side of West Hewett Road, north of Highway 98 and south of Monks Lane.
Traditional Neighborhood Development
- Kayia PUD-The Strand: A minor development order requesting to reduce the density from 16 units to 12 units, reduce the building height from 4 stories or 50′ to 3 stories or 43′ 6″, reduce the pool amenity area from 1,664 square feet to 1,020 square feet and increase the building setback on the west side from 10′ to 34′. This project is located on the south of Hwy. 30A, east of Watersound Parkway South and west of Sea Garden Street.
- Located on the South Side of 30A West of Sea Garden Street in Alys Beach, development of 35 Lots. This will be situated on +/-6.41 Acres.
- Located on the North Side of W. La Garza Lane, West of North Charles Street in Alys Beach, reducing lots from 14 to 10 in Block J
Here is your Scenic 30A Gulf Front Property Update!
West End of 30A
- There are currently 17 Active Gulf-Front Homes ranging from $1,799,000 – $13,000,000. The average property being $4,310,353.with an average of 4268 square feet and priced at an average of $1,078.86 a square foot.
- Sold: There have been 18 Sold Gulf-Front Homes ranging from $2,000,000 -$5,750,000. The average property being $3,688,056. with an average of 3691 square feet and sold at an average of $1,058.68 per square foot. 240 average days on the market.
East End of 30A
- There are currently 31 Active Gulf Front Homes ranging $1,498,000-$25,000,000. The average property being $6,124,871 and 3747 square feet, priced at an average of $1753.60 per square foot.
- Sold: There have been 29 sold property ranging from $1,575,000. – $12,000,000. With the average property being $4,626,552. And 4063 square feet, at an average of $1,193.30 per square foot and 254 days on the market.