By Lisa Hughley
Dear 30A Neighbors,
We are coming upon the busiest season for buying: the Spring to Summer market. During this time, we host numerous guests from around the globe, many of whom are occupying properties for sale. At such a busy time for vacationers, there are also thousands of buyers in my database, searching for homes in and around our area. With excitement, these buyers create their lists of potential homes and decide exactly which properties they would like to see in-person. However, a major issue arises when these buyers makes trips to view the properties for sale since most are currently occupied by guests.
I have buyers ask, “Why has this property been on the market for a year?” The reason, most often, is that buyers are simply unable to view the property they truly want to purchase. Especially during the snowbird season, there are many properties where you cannot get a buyer through the door for months at a time
So how do we work around such an issue? I have done it all – from movie tickets to gift cards or even cash for viewings. Most often, the question from the rental guest will be, “What are you willing to offer me to view the property?” If I have a buyer tell me that “this is the property for me, and I need to get in,” I do everything possible to make that happen. Last summer, there was a guest in a neighborhood who stated that I could show the vacation property if I brought $250 cash in an envelope and met them on the front porch prior to entering. Yes, a little much, I agree, but the client was a cash buyer in the multi-million-dollar range.
The sellers who own these properties as an investment are aware of this issue. However, while they would love to sell their property as soon as possible, they also need the income produced by renters during the process. I, as the owner of Classic Luxury Vacation Rentals, also understand that many guests do not want to vacate their properties because they save all year for that one perfect vacation. Therefore, I have made sure to put into place incentives for those guests staying at properties that are on the market, in exchange for showings. Within our rental agreement, I have included a disclaimer that explains how showings are a possibility and therefore guests are charged a little less to rent the property than they would otherwise. Depending on the number of showings, they may also get a rebate off their stay.
If you have your property on the market, I suggest talking with your management company and finding out what their policies are regarding buyer showings. Ask if they can do a “special” on your property which will allow showings and still bring in rental income. It may be a little less income upfront, but you should be able to sell your property and move on to your next investment much faster.
Top Ten Luxury Residential Homes For Sale East 30A
- $13,995,000. Paradise By The Sea, 7 Bedrooms, 7 Full Baths, 10,035 Sq.Ft
- $10,900.000. Rosemary Beach, 6 Bedrooms, 6 Full Baths, 5208 Sq.Ft
- $10,000,000. Camp Creek Pl, 6 Bedrooms, 8 Full Baths, 6423 Sq.Ft
- $8,975,000. Hinton Drive, 9 Bedrooms, 8 Full Baths, 6906 Sq.Ft
- $8,780,000. Rosemary Beach, 7 Bedrooms, 6 Full Baths, 5159 Sq.Ft
- $8,500,000. Rosemary Beach, 6 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths, 3628 Sq. Ft
- $8,499,000. Sea grove 3rd Addition, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 4276 Sq.Ft
- $7,925,000. Sea Highland, 7 Bedrooms, 6 Full Baths, 4983 Sq.Ft
- $6,985,000. Alys Beach, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 4230 Sq. Ft
- $6,950,000. Rosemary Beach, 7 Bedrooms, 6 Full Baths, 4166 Sq. Ft
Top Ten Luxury Residential Homes For Sale West 30A
- $7,500,000. 1567 Hwy 30A, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 4331 Sq.Ft
- $6,200,000. Grayton Beach, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths 2072 Sq. Ft
- $5,495,000. Sunrise Beach, 4 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths, 4500 Sq. Ft
- $4,799,000. Spooky Lane, 5 Bedrooms, 7 Full Baths, 4533 Sq. Ft
- $4,575,000. Redfish Lake, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 4647 Sq. Ft
- $4,495,000. 6087 Hwy 30A, 6 Bedrooms, 7 Full Baths, 5700 Sq. Ft
- $4,495,000. Shell Seekers, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths, 4452 Sq. Ft
- $4,300,000. The Retreat, 4 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths, 4598 Sq. Ft
- $3,999,999. Old Florida Beach, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths 4600 Sq. Ft
- $3,649,900. Draper Lake, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, 3773 Sq. Ft
Top Ten Luxury Condominiums/Townhouses East 30A
- $6,900,000. Rosemary Beach, 7 Bedrooms, 7 Full Baths, 6972 Sq. Ft
- $5,495,000. Dana Beach, 10 Bedrooms, 9 Full Baths, 4608 Sq. Ft
- thru 7 $4,250,000. – $3,095,000. Thirty-One, 3 Bedrooms – 4 Bedrooms 2855-4539 Sq.Ft
- $2,999,000. Dana Beach, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 2582 Sq.Ft
- $2,900,000. Thirty One, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 3317 Sq.F
10.$2,750,000. Thirty One, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 3015 Sq.Ft
Top Ten Luxury Condominiums/Townhouses West 30A
- $3,900.000. Bella Vita, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 3185 Sq.Ft
- $2,877,000. Sanctuary By the Sea, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 4363 Sq.Ft
- $2,850,000. Costa Blanca, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 2652 Sq.Ft.
- $2,385,000. Bella Vita, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 2368 Sq. Ft
5-9 $2,350,000 – $1,650,000. Sanctuary By The Sea, 3 Bedrooms- 4 Bedrooms
- $1,645,000. Adagio, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 2200 Sq.Ft.
Look at the Activity! Detached Single Family Homes, Non-Waterfront
Cypress Breeze had 16 Sales Totaling $9,041,300
Cypress Dunes had 15 Sales Totaling $10,627,871
Watersound Origins had 72 Sales Totaling $46,079,854
Watersound West had 20 Sales Totaling $21,275,000
Watersound Beach had 21 Sales Totaling $56,377,000
Seagrove had 96 Sales Totaling $85,892,342
Grayton Beach had 31 Sales Totaling $37,641,349
Blue Mountain Beach had 25 Sales Totaling $18,012,744
Seacrest Beach had 49 Sales Totaling $39,195,500
Watercolor had 92 Sales Totaling $157,504,800
Rosemary Beach had 36 Sales Totaling $90,859,088
Alys Beach had 21 Sales Totaling $69,403,970
Seaside had 20 Sales Totaling $31,422,900
Hammock Bay- Freeport- had 217 Sales Totaling $64,100,557.