Buyers are actively searching for properties….Are you ready to Sell?
By Lisa Hughley
It is the beginning of the tourist season and we have no shortage of buyers interested in purchasing. I have over 2400 buyers searching for properties in my database and they are interested in 30A and the surrounding areas. We currently have 683 single family homes and 244 condominiums and attached homes available along 30A. If you are interested in selling your property, I would love to have the opportunity to talk with you. My specialty is positioning your home to sell. We stage when necessary, utilize only the best technology, including video, professional photography, drone photos and work with you to decide the best pricing strategy for your property. Depending on the type of property, I put in place a marketing plan that will position your property at the front of the marketplace.
I was showing property this weekend, and my sweet buyers, after looking at a number of properties, decided to make an offer on one of the beautiful condos in the area. I texted the agent that we were placing an offer and received the response that they were not available to work this evening. When you are building relationships with the cooperating agent, you really can’t say “What do you mean you are not working? I have an offer for your seller! If a buyer or seller needs to talk, text, email, they can reach out to me anytime. Just ask Dave. When he texts me at midnight to ask where my article is…I text back.
The amazing vacation rental opportunities along 30A bring buyers from all over who are interested in purchasing. Usually the most important factors are location and projected rental income. As I pulled information for this month’s article, I found a few wonderful examples to share with you.
East End of 30A, Gulf Front, Single Family Homes
There are 22 Gulf Front properties available ranging from $2,650,000. To $12,750,000.
The following are projections and a few actual rental histories attached to some of the listings;
- Listed at $5,795,000. There were actual rental histories of $236K already booked for 2019, and $224,822 in rental from 2018. The current rental projection is $260k
- Listed at $3,900,000 there is a $296K projection
- Listed at $3,995,000 there is actual rental history of $200K and $184K
- Listed at $3,775,000 there are projections of $203K and 215K
- Listed at $4,599,000 there are rental projections of $241K and $220K
- Listed at $4,250,000 there are projections of $196K and $167K
- Listed at $5,395,000 there are projections of $300K
- Listed at $8,975,000 there are rental projections of $535K, $497K and $395K
West End of 30A, Gulf Front, Single Family Homes
There are 14 Gulf Front properties available ranging from $2,225,000. To $7,195,000.
The following are projections and actual rental histories attached to some of the listings;
- Listed at $2,225,000 has an actual of $78,750.
- Listed at $2,300,000 there is a $100K projection
- Listed at $2,350,000 there is a projection of $113K
- Listed at $2,850,000 there is actual rental history of $109K
- Listed at $2,999,000 there are projections of $204,900 and $195K
- Listed at $3,475,000 there is actual rental history of $178K
- Listed at $3,750,000 there are projections of $198,839 and $197K
- Listed at $4,495,000 there are projections of $400K and $350K
- Listed at $5,250,000 there is a projection of $223K
- Listed at $7,195,000 there are projections of $351K and $343K
Some of the important factors to keep in mind are that the projected numbers are just that, projected, and are usually gross estimates. The investor will need to deduct the cost to hold the property including HOA fees, insurance, management, etc. Depending on the property, interior décor, location and amenities, there are those properties that will perform above their projections, while affording the owners the opportunity to utilize the property, making memories that will last a lifetime, while someone else is helping pay for their vacation.